Hubert H. Humphrey – Fellowship Programme
HUBERT H. HUMPHREY
NORTH-SOUTH FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMME 2016-2017
United States – Sri Lanka Fulbright Commission (US-SLFC)
The US-SLFC was founded in 1952 by an Agreement between the Government of the United States of America and the Government of Ceylon for the administration of educational exchange programmes in Sri Lanka.
The programme aims to promote cultural understanding between the United States and Sri Lanka through mutual academic exchange. To-date over 832 Sri Lankan and American scholars have participated in various academic programmes monitored by the J William Fulbright Scholarship Board.
The US-SLFC also offers a student advisory service, which provides free individual/group counselling and reference material on educational opportunities, admission processes and standardised tests for those desirous of studying in the USA.
The US-SLFC invites applications from suitable candidates for the Hubert Humphrey Fellowships for 2016-2017 in the fields listed below. Candidates should be mid-career professionals in leadership positions with a commitment to public service and with the potential for professional advancement. They may be employed in either the public or private sector.
The Hubert Humphrey Fellowship is specially designed for mid-career professionals to enable them to participate in a ten-month non-degree programme of academic coursework and professional internship.
|· Agricultural and Rural Development· Communications/Journalism· Substance Abuse Education, Treatment & Prevention
· Economic Development
· Finance and Banking
· Educational Administration, Planning & Policy
· Higher Education Administration
· HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
· Human Resource Management
|· Human Resource Management· Natural Resources, Environmental Policy and Climate Change· Public Health Policy and Management
· Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
· Technology Policy and Management
· Trafficking in Persons, Policy and Prevention
· Urban and Regional Planning
· Law and Human Rights
Be citizens of Sri Lanka.In order to be eligible for a Humphrey Fellowship, applicants should:
- Possess a 4-year Bachelor’s (special) Degree. Preference will be given to those with post-graduate qualifications.
- Have a minimum of five years of professional experience by the 1stof October, 2015.
- Be able to show leadership qualities, display personal initiative and have an interest in the policies pertaining to their fields.
- Be proficient in both written and spoken English.
- Be below the age of 50 years by the1stof October, 2015.
A copy of the completed online application and supporting documents must be sent by Registered Post on or before the 15th of July, 2015 to the following address. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
United States-Sri Lanka Fulbright Commission
55 Abdul Caffoor Mawatha, Colombo 3
Tel: 011- 471-8744