The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) allows those with Canadian work experience to become permanent residents. As of January 1, 2015, potential candidates interested in applying to the Canadian Experience Class must go through the Express Entry system.

If you would like to hire a new worker or support one of your current workers in getting permanent residence through the Canadian Experience Class, they must go through the Express Entry system.

Canadian Experience Class selection criteria:

To qualify under the Canadian Experience Class, the candidate must

  1. Plan to live outside the province of Quebec,

  2. Have at least 12 months of full time (or the equivalent in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada with the proper authorization in the three years before they apply, and

  3. Meet the required language levels needed for the job for each language ability (speaking, reading, writing, and comprehension).

How employers can access Express Entry pool candidates:

As an employer, you can hire skilled foreign workers to meet your labour needs when you are unable to find Canadians or permanent residents to fill job vacancies. You have the flexibility and choice to use current recruiting and hiring practices.

You will also have access to candidates through Canada’s Job Bank, private sector job boards and Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs) where applicable.

Invitation to Apply:

Candidates are assessed against others in the pool, and are ranked based on criteria that are known to contribute to a newcomer’s economic success once in Canada. Only the highest-ranked candidates, and those with valid job offers or provincial/territorial nominations, are invited to apply for permanent residence.

Candidates have 60 days to apply for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class. CIC will process the majority of complete permanent residence applications received (i.e. those including all the necessary supporting documents) in six months or less.

Note: Canadian Experience Class applicants may work in Canada while their application is being processed, as long as they have a valid work permit.

Source by:-CIC

Our Latest Success Stories

Super Visa




Federal Skilled Worker Visa (Express Entry)


Super Visa


Visitor Visa


Parents and Grandparent Super Visa